Stargazing at Acreage
June 8 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- 8:00 – 8:30pm: Guest Speaker: Dr. Jeffrey Parker, Chief Technology Officer for Advanced Space
- 8:30 – 10pm: Free stargazing event. Bring your chairs and blankets and enjoy a night of stargazing hosted by Denver Astronomical Society and Coal Creek Canyon Sky Watchers
About the Event:
- Stem Ciders new CAPSTONE experimental cider available for purchase, made in partnership with Advanced Space. Cans and draft available.
- Acreage restaurant is open until 9:30pm on Thursday. Reservations highly recommended.
- On Acreage’s Back Forty Lawn, Diggity Street Eats food truck and Juicebox bar are open until 10pm. Reservations not required. Outdoor seating on the back lawn.
About Jeff Parker:
Dr. Jeffrey Parker is a preeminent expert on all matters pertaining to the mission design and navigation of spacecraft in cislunar space. He serves as the Chief Technology Officer for Advanced Space. He completed his Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering Sciences at the University of Colorado in 2007, examining low-energy ballistic lunar transfers: trajectories that a spacecraft may take to travel between the Earth and the Moon using less fuel than conventional transfers. After graduating from CU Boulder in 2007, Dr. Parker joined the Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a mission design and navigation specialist. He immediately became the lead designer for the proposed MoonRise New Frontiers mission, a complex mission traversing every aspect of cislunar space to return samples from the Moon’s South Pole-Aitken Basin to Earth. Dr. Parker gained additional experience at JPL designing and operating GRAIL and Chandrayaan-1, as well as forming missions to destinations throughout the Solar System as part of Team-X. Dr. Parker joined the University of Colorado Boulder in 2012 and developed research groups in low-energy mission design, low-thrust trajectory optimization, and advanced spacecraft navigation. He has supported advanced concepts for future Orion missions, as well as future concepts for lunar landers and other missions in any region of the Earth-Moon system. Dr. Parker has led and is currently leading the mission design / navigation teams to the Moon, Mars, asteroid belt, and elsewhere in the Solar System as part of Advanced Space’s vision for the sustained exploration and settlement of space.