Market Manager – Texas
The Market Manager increases the availability, velocity, and volume of products via making sales calls on retail accounts and chains, multiplying sales impact through distributor sales teams, interacting directly with consumers, and developing/executing creative marketing programming. The Market Manager has total responsibility for execution and financial results in the market area.
The position is full-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits and paid time off. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders, a fast-growing regional cider maker based in Lafayette, Colorado, distributes dry-focused craft ciders to 10 US States. Stem operates two Colorado retail locations, a transportation company, a wood distributor, a contract production business, and recently launched a new purveyor of specialty foods and dry goods from Colorado producers — Acreage Provisions. In Spring 2020, Stem created a sales & marketing partnership with Boulder Beer Company to represent Boulder Beer brands globally.
Stem Ciders & Boulder Beer
Account Management- 50% of activity
- Planning: Reviews all data available (including VIP, syndicated, distributor, and anecdotal) to create and execute a territory management plan that ensures that core accounts, distributors, retailers, and consumers get the proper interaction time. The Market Manager is always 100% prepared to sell with cold samples and core POS/support materials.
- Core Accounts: Has a clear, evolving list of 50 Core Accounts that are touched at least 1X monthly.
- Chains: Calls on off- and on-premise chains as assigned.
- Availability and Velocity: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts. Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products. Improves positioning, ensures proper pricing, places POS, builds displays, executes handsells/tastings/events, educates, and manages quality.
- Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on company and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations, work-withs, retail staff educations, consumer tastings and events.
- Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and proper rotation. Ensures all collateral is to standard.
- Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, operates 100% within local legal guidelines, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
- Special Projects: Executes various sales development activities as assigned.
- Coverage: Average 25+sales calls weekly (200 every 2-months). Core accounts touched monthly.
- Documentation: Document all sales calls after each call in CRM system.
- Results: Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against Go-to-Market sales objectives as assigned.
- Financial Results & Expenses: Manage Market P&L results as assigned. Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budget.
Distributor Collaboration- 25% of activity
- Planning: Creates, with Sales Director, an Annual Business Plan (ABP) with all distributors. Executes Business Reviews with distributors to monitor progress toward goals and solidify or update initiatives. Manages Local Marketing budget.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Ensures orders for beer and collateral are placed, forecasts as needed, and monitors inventories.
- Planning: Execute ABPs and Business Reviews with frequency determined by Sales Director.
- Work-with Sales Calls: Execute 50 total calls in each 2-month sales period.
- Communication: By noon Mondays, send recap emails to distributors recapping the previous week’s sales results and follow-ups needed with copy to Sales Director.
- Results: Achieve 80% of ABP goals with distributors.
Business Management- 25% of activity
- Financial: Reviews Market area financial results to include Profit and Loss reports, cost inputs, and other data. Makes recommendations on how to improve Market profitability.
- Strategy: Evaluates current partner brand strategies and recommends sales & marketing strategies & solutions.
Skills, Knowledge, Attitude
- Skills: Proficient planning, communication, relationship development, problem solving, financial, and selling skills
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of partner products and the beverage industry in the assigned market, specifically competing producers, distributors, and local laws
- Attitude: Always professional with a can-do, team-oriented, achievement-driven mindset
- Clean driving record
- Health Insurance for all full time employees
- Paid time off for all full time employees
- 401K program, company matching for all employees
- Cider discounts
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Market Manager – Texas in the subject line.