Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual to fill the position of Staff Accountant. We’re having a lot of fun building a great company and we need a strong accounting/finance professional to join the team. This position will be full-time and will be offered competitive compensation. At a minimum, candidates must possess or strive to develop the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment. Strong preference given to candidates with prior craft cidery/brewery or food & beverage experience.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders, a fast-growing regional cider maker based in Lafayette, Colorado, distributes dry-focused craft ciders to 11 US States. Stem operates two Colorado retail locations, a transportation company, a wood distributor, a contract production business, and recently launched a new purveyor of specialty foods and dry goods from Colorado producers — Acreage Provisions. In Spring 2020, Stem created a sales & marketing partnership with Boulder Beer Company to represent Boulder Beer brands globally.
- Support Stem Ciders’ Core Values & Mission.
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepare and post journal entries maintaining prepaid expenses and accrued expenses updated.
- Prepare account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes.
- Assist in preparation of depreciation schedules.
- Assist in developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provide support for monthly inventory tracking.
- Assist in compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Facilitate the annual review process providing accounting information to the CPA audit firm.
- Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist the Controller as needed.
- Additional administrative duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- At least 1 year of accounting professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and proactive attitude.
- Experience with Quickbooks is highly desired.
- Experience with inventory management software is highly desired.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to accounting/finance issues for a company rapidly expanding across the U.S.A.
- Health Insurance for all full time employees.
- Paid time off for all full time employees.
- 401K program, company matching for all employees.
- Stem Ciders products and industry discounts.
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Staff Accountant in the subject line.