Sales Representative – Chicago
Looking for a career in the Craft Beverage Industry? Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking and experienced individual to fill the position of Sales Representative in the Chicago, Illinois market. The position is full-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits and paid time off. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment. Experience in the craft cider / beverage industry is required.
About Stem Ciders
Stem Ciders is an urban cidery located in the heart of Denver’s RiNo District. Founded in 2013 by Eric Foster and Phil Kao, two passionate entrepreneurs with a deep appreciation for craft, and a strong commitment to reviving the cider tradition, Stem produces cider founded on three main principles: quality, style, and tradition.
We opened our RiNo cider house doors in January of 2014 with three ciders on tap and a mission to share with you the cider traditions we grew up with, and that we know and love. From the first batch of cider produced in 2011 – now known as Real Dry Apple Cider, to our seasonal ciders and monthly Firkin experiments, we’re committed to producing the highest quality cider that brings those traditions to the forefront.
- Support Stem Ciders’ Core Values and Mission
- Maintain existing/develop new relationships with retail customers
- Maintain and manage a target account list for assigned territory
- Partner with wholesaler representatives to expand brand awareness and achieve sales goals
- Provide education and training to wholesale and retail customers
- Plan and execute on and off-premise promotions
- Monitor the effectiveness of sales programs and incentives
- Organize and attend special events, festivals, cider dinners & tastings
- Monitor market trends and report them to the team
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years craft beverage alcohol industry related experience
- Proficiency in the use of GSuite Applications, (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder, and 160 pounds to hip level
- Flexible work time ability including nights, weekends and holidays
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last five years
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background screening and driver’s license verification
- Candidate must live in or be intimately familiar with the territory
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Stem Ciders
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is also REQUIRED, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is preferred
- Preference given to candidates with Cider Certification, Cicerone or Sommelier
- Health Insurance for all full time employees
- Paid time off for all full time employees
- 401K program, company matching for all employees
- Cider discounts
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Sales Representative – Chicago in the subject line.