Production Designer: Freelance
Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking and experienced Production Designer to support Stem Ciders and Boulder Beer’s Wholesale divisions, along with Stem’s three retail units: Acreage in Lafayette, Stem’s Denver Taproom, and Ghost Box Pizza, a new pizza concept opening this winter in downtown Lafayette. This is a contract, freelance and remote position. The position is part-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment. Experience in the food and beverage industry is preferred.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders, a fast growing regional cider maker based in Lafayette, Colorado, distributes dry-focused craft ciders to 14 US States. Stem operates two Colorado retail locations, a transportation company, a wood distributor, a contract production business, and recently launched a new purveyor of specialty foods and dry goods from Colorado producers — Acreage Provisions. In Spring 2020, Stem created a sales and marketing partnership with Boulder Beer Company to represent Boulder Beer Brands globally.
About Boulder Beer:
Founded in 1979, Boulder Beer Company has been a pioneer in the craft brewing industry for 40 years. From their early days brewing in “The Goatshed” north of Boulder, to brewing and packaging for a regional audience out of their European-style brewhouse on Wilderness Place, to their recent move to partner with their friends at Sleeping Giant and Stem Ciders, Boulder Beer’s passion for innovation and sustainability has seen them to their milestone 40th Anniversary and will continue their legacy in Boulder and the craft beer industry for years to come.
- Support Stem Ciders’ Core Values and Mission
- Produces all artwork files according to the creative team’s digital or print ready specifications.
- Accountable for all production deadlines set by creative team.
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions with the creative team within specific brand standards.
- Assists creative team with layout, design and retouching of assets for both print and digital executions.
- Maintains and expands working knowledge of appropriate software and peripherals.
- Prepares and collect jobs, and sends files to creative team and vendors.
- Assists in the creation of presentation materials, product packaging, marketing assets, including photography.
- Maintains a working knowledge of compliance, labeling laws and best practices within the adult beverage industry.
- 3 years of experience in the graphic arts field, in an agency or freelance environment, with similar responsibilities.
- Experience working w/ Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote experience a plus.
- Photography skills are a bonus!
A minimum of a 2-year college degree in the art and/or design field (or equivalent experience) is REQUIRED, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process.
Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Production Designer: Freelance in the subject line.