Looking for a career in the Craft Beverage Industry? Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual to fill the position of Packaging Lead. The Packaging Lead has overall responsibility for packaging as well as additional responsibilities in the cidery. The position is full-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package including health insurance, company matched 401k and paid time off. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
About Stem Ciders
Stem Ciders is a craft cidery based in Lafayette, Colorado. Founded in 2013 by Eric Foster and Phil Kao, two passionate entrepreneurs with a deep appreciation for craft, and a strong commitment to reviving the cider tradition, Stem produces cider founded on three main principles: quality, style, and tradition.
The RiNo cider house doors opened in January of 2014 with three ciders on tap and a mission to share with you the cider traditions that our founders know and love. With the addition of a primary production facility and restaurant, Acreage, in Lafayette, Colorado as well as restaurant and bottle shop, The Northern Spy in Durham, North Carolina, Stem Ciders continues to grow nationally with wholesale and retail focus. From the first batch of cider produced in 2011 – now known as Real Dry Apple Cider, to the seasonal ciders and monthly Firkin experiments, Stem is committed to producing the highest quality cider that brings those traditions to the forefront.
- Directly supervise and operate packaging lines (keg, can and bottle)
- Follow and assist in evolving Standard Operating Procedures for all pieces of machinery
- Lead and instruct a team of packaging technicians to perform tasks assigned
- Ensure CIP protocols are completed for all packaging equipment
- Assist Quality Assurance in pulling samples to be tested
- Complete physical inventory monthly
- General Duties
- Work closely with Facilities to ensure all equipment is functioning properly and appropriate preventative maintenance is completed
- Directly manage packaging technicians
- Maintain appropriate records per Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate with Head Cidermaker to plan upcoming batches
- Minimum of 1 year working on a canning or bottling line
- Knowledge of carbonated liquid packaging process and equipment
- Knowledge of effective cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Knowledge of fermentation process
- High degree of cleanliness
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with inventory management software (ekos, OBeer, etc.)
- True grit and the ability to adapt on the go
- Ability to lift 55lbs to shoulder, and 160lbs to hip
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Stem Ciders
- Health Insurance for all full time employees
- Paid time off for all full time employees
- 401K program, company matching for all employees
- Cider discounts
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Packaging Lead in the subject line.