National Account Manager
The National Account Manager represents Stem Ciders and Boulder Brewing Company brands with multi-unit regional and national chain accounts. The National Account Manager increases the availability, velocity, and volume of Stem and Boulder products via making sales presentations to buyers using his/her skills in data analysis, presentations, selling, program development and cultivating long-term win-win relationships.
The position is full-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits and paid time off. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders, a fast-growing regional cider maker based in Lafayette, Colorado, distributes dry-focused craft ciders to 10 US States. Stem operates two Colorado retail locations, a transportation company, a wood distributor, a contract production business, and recently launched a new purveyor of specialty foods and dry goods from Colorado producers — Acreage Provisions. In Spring 2020, Stem created a sales & marketing partnership with Boulder Beer Company to represent Boulder Beer brands globally.
Stem Ciders & Boulder Beer
Western US / Remote
Chain Management- 80% of activity
- Planning & Analysis: With sales leadership, reviews all data available (including VIP, syndicated, distributor, and anecdotal) to create and execute a chain development plan to include brand priorities, new distribution targets, category management, ads, displays, programs, and pricing.
- Core Accounts: Has a clear list of “core” chains and executes the proper sales call frequency to maintain share of mind.
- Availability and Velocity: Sells in new distribution, ads/price features, and favorable shelf position to chains. With the Marketing team, creates and sells in volume-enhancing programs.
- Education: Educates chains on company and brand knowledge.
- Administration: Submits all new item and pricing paperwork as required by chains in a timely fashion.
- Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and proper rotation. Ensures all collateral in the market is to brand standard.
- Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, operates 100% within local legal guidelines, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
- Special Projects: Executes various sales development activities as assigned.
- Coverage: Make sales presentations to an agreed-upon list of chain customers with a set frequency as assigned.
- Documentation: Document all sales activity. Sends professional recaps after presentations.
- Results: Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against chain sales objectives as assigned.
- Financial Results & Expenses: Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budget.
Distributor Collaboration- 20% of activity
- Planning: Creates, with sales leadership, a chain plan within Annual Business Plans (ABP) presented annually to distributors. Participates in periodic distributor business reviews to scorecard chain results and champion chain programs and initiatives.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s chain organization and go-to-market system. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Planning: Execute ABPs and Business Reviews with frequency determined by sales leaders.
- Work-with Sales Calls: Execute periodic sales calls with distributor chain leaders.
Skills, Knowledge, Attitude
- Skills: Excellent planning, communication, relationship development, problem solving/analysis, financial, selling, and presentation skills. Full MS Office Suite and Google capability. IRI/Armadillo experience.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of partner products and the beverage industry in the assigned market, specifically competing producers, distributors, and local laws
- Attitude: Always professional with a can-do, team-oriented, achievement-driven mindset
- 25% travel
- Clean driving record
- This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer
- Health Insurance for all full time employees
- Paid time off for all full time employees
- 401K program, company matching for all employees
- Cider discounts
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference National Account Manager in the subject line.