Market Manager – Colorado
The Market Manager increases the availability, velocity, and volume of products via making sales calls on retail accounts and chains, multiplying sales impact through distributor sales teams, interacting directly with consumers, and developing/executing creative marketing programming.
Account Management- 80% of activity
- Planning: Reviews all data available (including VIP, syndicated, distributor, and anecdotal) to create and execute a work plan that ensures that core accounts, distributors, retailers, and consumers get the proper interaction time. The Market Manager is always 100% prepared to sell with cold samples and core POS/support materials.
- Core Accounts: Has a clear, evolving list of 50 Core Accounts that are touched at least 1X monthly.
- Chains: Calls on off- and on-premise chains as assigned.
- Availability and Velocity: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts. Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products. Improves positioning, ensures proper pricing, places POS, builds displays, executes handsells/tastings/events, educates, and manages quality.
- Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on Company and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations, work-withs, retail staff educations, consumer tastings and events.
- Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and proper rotation. Ensures all sales and marketing collateral is to standard.
- Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, operates 100% within local legal guidelines, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
- Special Projects: Executes various sales and marketing development activities as assigned.
- Coverage: Average 100 sales calls monthly. Core accounts are touched monthly.
- Results: Deliver 20 new Availability executions (defined as new placements) monthly and 20 new Velocity executions (displays, features, other velocity-enhancing activities) monthly.
- Documentation: Document all sales calls after each call in the CRM system.
- Financial Results & Expenses: Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budget.
Distributor Collaboration- 20% of activity
- Planning: Co-creates, with Region Manager, an Annual Business Plan (ABP) with all Market distributors.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Ensures orders for beer and collateral are placed, forecasts as needed, and monitors inventories. Ensures limited/small batch beers are allocated and ordered.
- Planning: Execute ABPs and Business Reviews with frequency determined by Region Manager.
- Distributor Work-with Sales Calls: Execute 10 total calls monthly with distributor personnel.
- Communication: By noon Mondays, send recap emails to distributors recapping the previous week’s sales results and follow-ups needed.
- Skills: Proficient planning, communication, relationship development, problem solving, financial, and selling skills
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of partner products and the beverage industry in the assigned market, specifically competing producers, distributors, and local laws
- Attitude: Always professional with a can-do, team-oriented, achievement-driven mindset
- Clean driving record
Full-time employees will be offered a competitive compensation package, eligible for quarterly sales bonus, and eligible for health insurance, 401(k) employer match, paid time off and employee discounts.
This position is full time, with the ability to work from home, local to Denver, CO, with a salary starting at $50,000, depending on experience.
Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process.
Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Market Manager – Colorado in the subject line.