Chef de Cuisine – Acreage
Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual to fill the position of Chef de Cuisine. We are looking for a creative and innovative approach towards farm to table dining and wood fire cooking. As the Chef de Cuisine, you will be responsible for managing all Back of House employee operations, to include the day to day scheduling, controlling food cost and menu input.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders is an urban cidery located in the heart of Denver’s RiNo District. Founded in 2013 by Eric Foster and Phil Kao, two passionate entrepreneurs with a deep appreciation for craft, and a strong commitment to reviving the cider tradition, Stem produces cider founded on three main principles: quality, style, and tradition.
We opened our RiNo taproom doors in January of 2014 with three ciders on tap and a mission to share with you the cider traditions we grew up with, and that we know and love. Since we have expanded from our taproom to Acreage, a farm to table restaurant with the focus of bringing the urban cider house experience to the countryside.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements along with food & labor costs
- Manage all back of house employees, to include sous chef, leads, and dishwashers
- Assist with training back of house team members
- Perform administrative duties as necessary
- Ensures that all food served meets quality standards
- Proven work experience as a Chef de Cuisine or equivalent role in a dynamic restaurant
- Excellent record of kitchen management and employee management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (G Suite, MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- True grit and the ability to adapt on the go
- Positive attitude while working in a team environment
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the company
- Strong passion for hospitality and customer service
- Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder, 160 pounds to hip level
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays
- At least 3 years supervisory experience and 5 years culinary experience
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Health Insurance for all full time employees.
- Paid time off for all full time employees.
- 401K program, company matching for all employees.
- Stem Ciders products and industry discounts.
This position is full time, in-house at our restaurant Acreage, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience.
This position is full time, in-house at our restaurant Acreage, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Chef de Cuisine – Acreage in the subject line.