Looking for a career in the Craft Beverage Industry? Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking and experienced individual to fill the position of Cellar Technician. The position is full-time, and will be offered a competitive compensation package including health insurance, 401(k) employer match and paid time off. At a minimum, candidates must possess the skills below and be able to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment. Experience in the craft cider/beverage industry is required.
About Stem Ciders:
Stem Ciders, a fast-growing regional cider maker based in Lafayette, Colorado, distributes dry-focused craft ciders to 11 US States. Stem operates two Colorado retail locations, a transportation company, a wood distributor, a contract production business, and recently launched a new purveyor of specialty foods and dry goods from Colorado producers — Acreage Provisions. In Spring 2020, Stem created a sales & marketing partnership with Boulder Beer Company to represent Boulder Beer brands globally.
- Follow procedures for receiving fresh juice, pitching yeast, and fermentation monitoring
- Fermentation Vessel and Brite Tank CIP/sanitation
- Maintain general cider house cleanliness and sanitation
- Clean and fill kegs
- General equipment maintenance
- Accurate record keeping
- Assist Cider Maker in barrel maintenance
- Assist Cider Maker and Production Manager with day to day operations
- Forklift operation
- Scissor Lift operation
- Staff packaging line if needed
- Additional duties may be assigned throughout the cider house as necessary
- True grit and the ability to adapt on the go
- Positive attitude while working in a team environment
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. to shoulder, and 160 lbs. to hip
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, wet floors/equipment while keeping to strict sanitary requirements
- Familiarity with transferring and carbonating finished product
- Familiarity with production safety procedures and equipment
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background screening
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- Health Insurance for all full time employees
- Paid time off for all full time employees
- 401K program, company matching for all employees
- Cider discounts
This position is full time, in-house at our Stem Ciders HQ, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $16.00/hour, depending on experience.
This position is full time, in-house at our Stem Ciders HQ, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $16.00/hour, depending on experience.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Cellar Technician in the subject line.