Sous Chef – Acreage
Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual to fill the position of Sous Chef at Acreage. As the Sous Chef you will oversee the daily operations of the culinary department under the direction of the Chef de Cuisine. This includes overseeing the culinary operation of the restaurant and catering. The incumbent is accountable for maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring compliance with the Company policies and standard operating procedures. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the culinary department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
About Stem Ciders
Stem Ciders is a craft cidery based in Lafayette, Colorado. Founded in 2013 by Eric Foster and Phil Kao, two passionate entrepreneurs with a deep appreciation for craft, and a strong commitment to reviving the cider tradition, Stem produces cider founded on three main principles: quality, style, and tradition.
The RiNo cider house doors opened in January of 2014 with three ciders on tap and a mission to share with you the cider traditions that our founders know and love. With the addition of a primary production facility and restaurant, Acreage, in Lafayette, Colorado, Stem Ciders continues to grow nationally with wholesale and retail focus. From the first batch of cider produced in 2011 – now known as Real Dry Apple Cider, to the seasonal ciders and monthly Firkin experiments, Stem is committed to producing the highest quality cider that brings those traditions to the forefront.
Acreage at Stem Ciders
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish
- Assist the CDC in developing menus, recipes cards and specifications according to Acreage SOPs
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the menu, with the perceived value factor in mind
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently
- Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in absence of the CDC
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Manage food and labor costs within budgeted guidelines
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies
- Assist with organizing kitchen meetings at least once a month
- Participates in Employees appraisals and progressive discipline as required
- Assist CDC with developing and coaching staff
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards
- Completes daily walkthroughs of the kitchen area
- Assist the CDC in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to prepare wide range of culinary offerings
- True grit and ability to continuously adapt
- 3 years+ experience as a sous chef or shift lead in a classic kitchen working from scratch
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in receiving instructions and positive criticism
- A collaborative team player
- Committed to improve one’s performance and culinary professionalism
- Great communication and ability to maintain good energy
- Thorough and organized
- Professional, positive and punctual
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Health Insurance for all full time employees.
- Paid time off for all full time employees.
- 401K program, company matching for all employees.
- Stem Ciders products and industry discounts.
This position is full time, in-house at our Stem Ciders HQ, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience.
This position is full time, in-house at our Stem Ciders HQ, in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Sous Chef – Acreage in the subject line.