Sous Chef – Ghost Box
Stem Ciders is expanding its team and is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual to fill the position of Sous Chef. We are looking for a creative and innovative approach towards artisanal pizza, sandwiches and salads for Ghost Box Pizza, a new family focused pizza kitchen opening this fall in downtown Lafayette. As the Sous Chef you will oversee the daily operations of the culinary department under the direction of the Executive Chef. This includes overseeing the culinary operation of the restaurant and catering. The incumbent is accountable for maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring compliance with the Company policies and standard operating procedures. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the culinary department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
About Stem Ciders
Stem Ciders is a craft cidery based in Lafayette, Colorado. Founded in 2013 by Eric Foster and Phil Kao, two passionate entrepreneurs with a deep appreciation for craft, and a strong commitment to reviving the cider tradition, Stem produces cider founded on three main principles: quality, style, and tradition.
Stem continues to grow nationally with wholesale and retail focus. Ghost Box Pizza, opening fall of 2021, is the company’s third retail concept, joining the original RiNo Taproom, established in 2014, and Acreage Cider House and Eatery, established in 2017 in Lafayette, Colorado.
Ghost Box by Stem Ciders
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish
- Assist in developing menus, recipes cards and specifications according to Acreage SOPs
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the menu, with the perceived value factor in mind
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently
- Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Manage food and labor costs within budgeted guidelines
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies
- Assist with organizing kitchen meetings at least once a month
- Participates in Employees appraisals and progressive discipline as required
- Assists with developing and coaching staff
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards
- Completes daily walkthroughs of the kitchen area
- Assists with tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to prepare wide range of culinary offerings
- True grit and ability to continuously adapt
- 3 years+ experience as a sous chef or shift lead in a classic kitchen working from scratch
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in receiving instructions and positive criticism
- A collaborative team player
- Committed to improve one’s performance and culinary professionalism
- Great communication and ability to maintain good energy
- Thorough and organized
- Professional, positive and punctual
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Health Insurance for all full time employees.
- Paid time off for all full time employees.
- 401K program, company matching for all employees.
- Stem Ciders products and industry discounts.
This position is full time, in-house at Ghost Box, a restaurant of Stem Ciders’ in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience. Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process. .
This position is full time, in-house at Ghost Box, a restaurant of Stem Ciders’ in Lafayette, CO, with a salary starting at $55,000, depending on experience.
Stem Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Company's Equal Opportunity Employment policies are applicable within our hiring process.
.If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Sous Chef – Ghost Box in the subject line.